Thursday, August 17, 2006

Meet Kim!


Kim is a barista at Gathering Grounds. She enjoyed learning more about coffee and other tasty drinks from our Intelligentsia training reps and has perfected her craft in the last few weeks. Some might say that her drinks are heavenly - and they're right! Kim is an expert on the subject - or will be soon, when she completes her Master of Divinity degree at Emory's Candler School of Theology. She has an eight year old daughter attending The Neighborhood Charter School, of which she is a founding parent. She has lived in Grant Park for 15 years, and is actually a native Atlantian.

Here's more about our featured barista - next time you stop in, say hello!

Favorite book: Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore

Favorite movie: Nearly anything by Pixar - and anything that my daughter likes because we really dig going to the movies together. We especially like to go to Buckhead Backlot.

Favorite musicians: Nora Jones and Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson (the redheaded Stranger) and They Might Be Giants.

Pets: 2 dogs: a black lab named Drummond and Lucy, a small and spunky 13-year-old

Hobby: Reading - there is not much time for more than that - I'm a mom!

Favorite Gathering Grounds drink to make: A latte - and try to perfect my latte art. So far, I have a nice looking spider web. Or sunburst. Or whatever you want it to be.

Favorite Gathering Grounds drink to drink: Celestial Charm

Best thing about coffee: I enjoy my first cup of coffee in the morning, still sitting in bed.

Favorite thing about Gathering Grounds: I like that it is contributing to the community and that it has been so welcomed by the the folks who have paved the way here in Kirkwood. I really dig my shift latte - or two - or three!

Best thing about Gathering Grounds customers: The variety of genuinely interesting and warm people.

Ask me about: The Neighborhood Charter School or Turtle's stamps.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Palmer said...

Hey! I accidentally discovered a new drink the other day at Gathering Graounds. I dumped some leftover chai into my coffee and it rocked... Sort of a "choffee" or "chai-ffee" or whatever... The aftertaste was a little hard to shake but it was still good!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home